When is a Short Sale Truly Dead?

It's not a secret that a short sale can be a long and daunting process.  Short sales can fall apart for a variety of reasons.  But when is a short sale truly dead?  The best Metro Atlanta Short Sale Realtors will tell you that a short sale isn't truly dead until the property has been sold at a foreclosure sale.

I want to share a couple of short sale success stories with you which demonstrate my proposition that a short sale isn't truly dead until the property has been foreclosed on.

SHORT SALE SUCCESS STORY #1
I represented a client about two years ago in a short sale transaction.  We got a solid offer on the property and after several months, her lender denied the short sale.  My client made the decision to take the property off the market and hang on a little while longer.

At the beginning of 2011, she hired me to place her property back on the market.  We immediately got an offer on the property and began the short sale process anew.  After many, many months, the short sale was  finally approved. Needless to say, my client was very pleased that she was able to short sell her home, avoid foreclosure, and begin rebuilding her credit.

SHORT SALE SUCCESS STORY #2
At the beginning of 2012, represented a couple whose short sale was denied because of an error on the part of the negotiator.  Rather than give up, I convinced my clients to place the property back on the market and begin the short sale process again. 

After jumping through alot of hoops for the bank, the short sale was approved.  However, the buyer's lender had absolutely no sense of urgency to get the loan underwritten and issue a final loan approval.  After waiting over 60 days for the loan to be approved, the deal fell apart as a result of a judgment lien.

Despite the fact that the property was scheduled for foreclosure within the next 30 days, I advised my clients that we should try to find another buyer.  Lo and behold, we did and this buyer was willing to pay off the judgment lien for my sellers.

I presented the offer, along with my clients' written request that the foreclosure sale be postponed.  We are expecting to receive final approval of the short sale any day now and my clients couldn't be more ecstatic.

HIRE THE BEST METRO ATLANTA SHORT SALE REALTOR
I decided to share these short sale success stories with you because I want you to see how important it is to hire the right short sale real estate agent.  If you are short selling your home, you need a Realtor who is tenacious and who will not give up, even when it appears that there is nothing that can be done to salvage the deal. 

If you have questions about short sales, please give me a call at 678-446-5925.

Comments

Popular Posts